Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunny in Lima!

The world has brightened a little bit down here in the desert-with-no-sun!  Sunshine peaked through gloom this week making everything seem more positive and beautiful. Just to update you all, I'm leaving tomorrow for Huancavelica, a region in the Andes and the poorest region of Peru.  I met an artisan from one of the groups there when she came to Lima with her father to bring her newborn baby to the hospital here--the baby was born with a tumor on the back of his head that was causing his head to swell somehow.  They're both fine now and have returned to Huancavelica, where we'll meet up with them.  The woman was very difficult to understand because she mostly speaks Quechua, and her father (the leader of the group) only knows rudimentary Spanish.
In other news, I SAW HARRY POTTER! Natalíe and I went to Cine San Miguel to watch it (it was her second time, she's a huge fan of all things fantasy) and it was truly awesome. Go see it, all of you.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:
I walk past this church every morning on my way to the office.


The door to the house where I'm living!

My street


Roberto--the precocious kid of one of the artisans
Imke and I love our llamas!
Hasta luego, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment